Pitchford Hall (The Generals Quarters)
Viewed by Country Life magazine as one of the most beautiful historic houses in the country, the West Wing of Pitchford Hall has been sensitively restored and turned into a seven double bedroomed holiday let, sleeping 14. We've named the holiday let the Generals' Quarters.
After a 16 month restoration the Pitchford Hall holiday let - Generals' Quarters - now compliments the Estate's three other holiday lets - Windy Mundy Farm, Stockbatch Granary and Tree House Barn.
Guests stay in the West Wing (the oldest part of the Hall constructed in 1549 but thought to be part of an earlier building from circa 1280) and a part of the Hall's Northern Range. Named the Generals' Quarters after a previous owner of the Hall (General Grant) the accommodation will consist of seven double bedrooms based on two periods of British History. The Tudors and the late Georgian/early Victorian period. Guests will notice the two distinct periods as they move around the General's Quarters and be able to decide which period rooms they wish to sleep in. The let includes the Hall's main oak panelled Dining Room - with a large table which easily seats all fourteen guests. Guests have their own private courtyard garden gently shaded by Yew Trees and are able to walk around the private thousand acre Estate.
The Generals' Quarters can be booked through English Country Cottages under the property reference code: UKC2646