The famous Tree House at Pitchford, arguably the oldest in the world, is circa 17th Century origin - first mentioned in 1692. It was given a new image in 1760 and was renovated again in 1980. Situated in a large leaved lime tree (Tilia Platyphyllos) it is constructed in the same style as Pitchford Hall.
THE TREE HOUSE KNEW NO LESS THAN TWO PRIME MINISTERS
A part glazed door opens into the tree house to reveal a carved moulded cornice ceiling, stripped oak floor and gothic windows on all sides. There is evidence that the restoration in 1760 may have been the work of the Shropshire architect Thomas Farnolls Pritchard.
The current owners of Pitchford Hall do not provide public access to the treehouse but it can be seen from our nearest holiday cottage - Tree House Barn.